Contact Us

Residential > Contact Us

Contact Us

How to get in touch with us


  On the Phone


Free Number 0800 634 283 (MEGATEL)
General & Account Enquiries
Mon to Fri 9AM - 6PM
Faults and Emergencies
24 hours, 7 days a week
 

  Other Contact Methods


Live Chat
Mon to Fri 9AM - 5PM

Any non-urgent inquiries can be sent to our email address and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.


General Inquiry help@megatel.co.nz
Accounts Inquiry account@megatel.co.nz
 

Gas Emergency


If you smell gas inside
  • Keep flames and cigarettes away from the area and leave the premise.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off any gas appliances.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off the gas valve at the meter.
  • Open all doors and windows.
  • Leave all electrical appliances and/or switches as they are. Turning them off or on could ignite gas.
  • Don’t use your phone (landline or mobile) near the gas leak. Go outside.
  • Call us on 0800 634 283 (MEGATEL). If the smell persists, go outside to a safe place away from the building.

If you smell gas outside
  • Keep flames, cigarettes, vehicles and electrical equipment (including mobile phones) away from the area.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off the gas valve at the meter.
  • Leave the area and call us 0800 634 283 (MEGATEL).

Electrical Emergency


Electric Shock
  • If someone comes in contact with a live electrical source, do not go near them or touch them. If you touch the person, you will also be electrocuted.
  • Switch the power off, either at the source of the power or at the main power switch.
  • If you can’t turn the power off due to the danger of being electrocuted, use an unattached object such as a broom with a dry wooden handle, to push the person away from the source of shock.
  • Immediately phone 111 for an ambulance in the case of an electrocution.
  • Perform first aid procedures such as CPR. If you are not familiar with the first aid procedure, follow the directions given to you by the emergency operator until help arrives.

Electrical Fire
  • Never tries to put out electrical fire by throwing water. Immediately call the fire department on 111.

Fallen Electrical Wires
  • Stay away from any fallen electrical wires.
  • Seek for assistance by calling your local electrical supply network company.

Please select your region to find your local electricity supply network company and check planned and unplanned outage updates in your area, otherwise call us on 0800 634 283 (MEGATEL).

Top Energy

24/7 on 0800 867 363 or

outages.topenergy.co.nz