Contact Us

Business > Contact Us

Contact Us

How to get in touch with us


  On the Phone


Contact Centre 09 912 1200
Free Number 0800 634 283
Mon to Fri 9AM - 8PM
Sat 10AM - 3PM
Sun Closed

We are subject to a Holiday Schedule on Public Holidays, which is published on our website.


  Other Contact Methods


Live Chat
Mon to Fri 9AM - 5PM

Any non-urgent inquiries can be sent to our email address and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.


General Inquiry help@megatel.co.nz
Accounts Inquiry account@megatel.co.nz

Gas Emergency


If you smell gas inside your home
  • Keep flames and cigarettes away from the area and leave the premise.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off any gas appliances.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off the gas valve at the meter.
  • Open all doors and windows.
  • Leave all electrical appliances and/or switches as they are. Turning them off or on could ignite gas.
  • Don’t use your phone (landline or mobile) near the gas leak. Go outside.
  • Call Megatel Call Centre on 0800 634 283 (during our office hours) or 0800 668 211 (outside of our office hours).
  • If the smell persists, go outside to a safe place, away from the premise.

If you smell gas outside
  • Keep flames, cigarettes, vehicles and electrical devices (including mobile phone) away from the area.
  • If it is safe to do so, turn off the gas valve at the meter.
  • Leave the area and Contact Us on 0800 634 283 (during our office hours) or 0800 668 211(outside of our office hours).

Electricity Emergency


Electric Shock
  • If someone comes in contact with a live electrical source, do not go near them or touch them. If you touch the person, you will also be electrocuted.
  • Switch the power off, either at the source of the power or at the main power switch.
  • If you can’t turn the power off due to the danger of being electrocuted, use an unattached object such as a broom with a dry wooden handle, to push the person away from the source of shock.
  • Immediately phone 111 for an ambulance in the case of an electrocution.
  • Perform first aid procedures such as CPR. If you are not familiar with the first aid procedure, follow the directions given to you by the emergency operator until help arrives.

Electrical Fire
  • Never tries to put out electrical fire by throwing water. Immediately call the fire department on 111.

Fallen Electrical Wires
  • Stay away from any fallen electrical wires.
  • Seek for assistance by calling your local electrical supply network company.